Join the R-COIL Star Champions!
Reach a score of 50,000 points or more to become an official R-COIL Star Champion! Just post a video of your run showing your score and we’ll send you an official Star Champion emblem embroidered patch. Click here for details on how to get yours.
Tips for Getting High Scores
R-COIL is a hard game, but it’s not as impossible nor random as it might seem at first. Here are a few tips to help you enter the Hall of Champions.
Learn to Fly - Spend some time getting a feel for moving around efficiently. Each shot will push you backwards, but don’t let that trick you into flying around backwards as fast as you can! Hold the fire button a bit every so often to thrust and counter the recoil effects. Move fast enough to be a moving target, but not fast enough to get out of control. Stay calm. Practice.
Choose Your Weapons - Not all power-ups are created equal. Learn what they do and which ones you like the best. If one that you want is getting away, shooting it once or twice will slow it down and buy you time to collect it. If one that you don’t like drops, shooting it three times will destroy it and spawn a replacement. Use this to get what you want.
New Features and Fixes in v1.1
- More accurate recreation of vector graphics for all enemy ships and asteroids
- Scoring system overhaul - 10k bonus points for clearing a level with a single life.
- Power-ups can now be shot and destroyed.
- Destroying the last power-up on the screen will drop a new random power-up. Don't like what dropped? Shoot it. But don't shoot the good stuff!
- More generous checkpointing on level one.
- Player projectiles are now 15% larger.
- Better weapon randomizer for duel mode.
- Display now accommodates multiple simultaneous power-ups.
- Fixed several bugs with Duplicate Craft power-up.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.